I have a number of things that I'd like to do this year. Some of them are gaming oriented, others are not, but I think that I'll list some of them here.
1) Actually start the D&D game that I've been thinking about and talking about. That means starting to get the dungeon put in "final" form, picking a rule set (and determining house rules, if necessary), and talking with the FLGS about using their tables. Happily, all of those are pretty easily done.
2) Learn to speak Irish, instead of just being able to sort of parse it slowly with a dictionary. I'm starting that tomorrow, so that's a good step forward.
3) Reacquaint myself with programming, and learn DarkBASIC well enough to write a computer game. That will entail, mainly, setting aside time to work through exercises and such from the instructional books I already have. And maybe (ugh) frequenting DarkBASIC-oriented forums. I hope that I don't have to do that last. I hate forums in general, and have had bad experiences with programming forums particularly.
4) Get better with guitar. That is another one that just requires me to set aside time to actually do it. I had planned to do that last year, but didn't get around to it. I need to actually do this.
5) Finish the Top Secret retroclone and publish it in some form.
I have other goals for the year, but these are the ones that I think fit best in this blog.