Monday, May 27, 2024

Lucky 13!

Today, we celebrate 13 years of this blog. That seems impossible, since I only just started this blog yesterday, I'm sure. Well, no, checking my archive shows that I was working without a gaming group, something that is again the case due to personal conflicts with a couple of the members of my last regular group (and I volunteered to step aside to prevent any dramatics from happening), though I have also played in a couple of short-term games since leaving that group.

Since 2011, I have honed my gaming focus somewhat, moving away from my "gaming ADD" habits and narrowing my gaming to a few games that really do interest me. I'm old enough that I've tried most everything and now am fairly sure of what I like and don't like so I don't need to search around anymore. It's still a fairly broad range, from D&D-style games to Traveller-style, RuneQuest-style, and GURPS. There are also a few other specific games that remain of interest, such as Fantasy Wargaming, and Barbarians of Lemuria. I'm pretty willing to play any of those, as well as a few others like Pendragon, Lace & Steel, Chivalry & Sorcery, CORPS, EABA, Cyberpunk (Red or 2020, heck even 2013), and some others, but I'd probably only run AD&D (1st edition with some house rules), Swords & Wizardry: White Box (with extensive house rules), White Star (Galaxy Edition, probably), The Hero's Journey (2nd edition), MegaTraveller, RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha, GURPS (4th edition), or Fantasy Wargaming anymore, and I've got AD&D, Fantasy Wargaming, or GURPS games more or less ready to go. Maybe I'd run Majus, Stars Without Number, or Worlds Without Number if someone pushed the issue, certainly I'd play them. And that's where I stand with gaming today.

No comments:

Post a Comment