Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Current State Of Goals

At the beginning of the year, I wrote an entry laying out some of the goals that I have for this year. I've been moving along with them, so here's a quick update of where I stand.

1) D&D goal: I've talked to the FLGS about the tables. I've set down elements of the entry level of the tentpole megadungeon (the main stumbling block is figuring out how the secret doors work), and thought about what to include on the first level. I've thought about which rules set to use, and am leaning toward a heavily house-ruled AD&D (1E) that drags in things that I like from other D&Ds.

2) Irish goal: I've been going to a weekly class, and am able to hold a short, extremely simple conversation that doesn't go very far. Not bad for just five weeks (week six class is tomorrow).

3) Computer Game goal: I've been working through a book on DarkBASIC, and feel that this goal is well on track. I should write what I am planning as a blog update some time.

4) Guitar goal: No progress yet.

5) Top Secret retroclone goal: No progress yet.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and have to say I am extremely excited about your work on the Top Secret Retroclone...I played heavily in the 80's and 90's. I look forward to seeing what you manage. Thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest! I am still working on that, though I have not gotten as far as I'd hoped to be earlier in the year.

      Delete