Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Blogiversary: Nine Years Already?

Nine years ago, I made the first post on this blog. I was very unsteady on my blogging feet, as it were, and didn't really know what I was going to do with it. Still don't, I guess, but at least now I am actually playing in some games. At that time, I had recently ended a long gaming relationship with a group due to an increasing difference in preferences for the games we wanted to play—though, perhaps it was just one person and I who had that increasingly differing preference (we're still friends, to some extent, though).

Whatever, I just thought that I should mark the occasion. Next year, even more so, I suppose.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the anniversary. So many of us who were active then have stopped blogging or only post a few times a year anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really trying to post at least once a month, but I'm not hitting that mark nearly as much as I'd like. And really I'd prefer to be writing more often than that. It does make me glad that there are so many who are writing regularly in the gaming blog community, though, so that I can read new articles every day, usually a dozen or more.

      Delete
  2. Happy blog-o-birthday! I have always enjoyed your work and am glad you are still carrying the torch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you know that your work inspires me. The Gath series is certainly wonderful stuff.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you for your session reports about your Stonehell game. They give me hope for mine (which should be starting back up soon, as my group is about to start reconvening, given that my small town is about to open back up and we have considered the matter and looked at the data before choosing to go ahead). Still avoiding my friends from the larger city nearby and the general public, but we feel fairly safe in going ahead with the limited contact of close friends who have been pretty strict about quarantine for the last three months.

      Delete