Monday, February 27, 2012

Zines!

There are now two print zines out there, plus a one-shot zine/module. This is a good thing.

There's Loviatar, of course. Christian's zine is excellent. Currently, much of the space is being taken up with a hex-by-hex publication of a hexcrawl for D&D type games (specifically statted for B/X, and so directly compatible with Labyrinth Lord and BECMI, but also good for most other D&D-based games with more or less conversion).

And there's now Dungeon Crawl. I don't know what this one is like yet, as I've only just ordered the first issue. Looking forward to it!

There's also the estimable Zogorion, Lord of the Hippogriffs. A one-shot zine/module, I highly recommend this short adventure, statted for Swords & Wizardry, but obviously an easy conversion to any similar rules. Nominally for levels 3-7, I don't recommend that any players approach it as a hack-n-slay opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Loviatar is really excellent. I look forward to getting it each month in the mail. Zog is a fun adventure for sure.

    I also haven't seen Dungeon Crawl, but I may end up ordering that one too. And I heard about another zine on a different blog... but I can't remember which one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you remember details on another print zine, let me know! (I know of at least one pdf zine, but it's just not the same.)

      Delete