Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Game I'm Looking For

If I could find a game that portrayed my ideal fantasy fiction, it would make me quite happy. Let's give a list of the books that I would want as inspiration, my very own Appendix N, if you will:

Asprin, Robert, et al. - Thieves' World series

Burroughs, Edgar Rice - Barsoom series, Venus series

Cherryh, C.J. - THE DREAMING TREE

Herbert, Frank - Dune series

Holdstock, Robert - Mythago Wood series

Howard Robert E. - Conan series, Solomon Kane series, et al.

King, Stephen - Dark Tower series

L'Amour, Louis - THE WALKING DRUM

Lee, Tanith - Flat Earth series, Birthgrave trilogy, et al.

Llewellyn, Morgan - DRUIDS, RED BRANCH, et al.

Lovecraft, H.P. - THE DREAM-QUEST OF UNKNOWN KADATH, et al.

Martin, George R.R. - A Song of Ice and Fire series

Sabatini, Rafael - CAPTAIN BLOOD, THE SEA-HAWK, et al.

Tolkien, J.R.R. - Middle-Earth series

Tremayne, Peter - Sister Fidelma series, RAVENMOON

Edit on 24 April to add authors I forgot the first time around:

Erikson, Steven - Malazan Book of the Fallen series

Leiber, Fritz - Fafhrd and Grey Mouser series

Shea, Robert - ALL THINGS ARE LIGHTS, SHIKE, THE SARACEN

Smith, Clark Ashton - Averoigne series, Hyperborea series, Zothique series, et al.

Tierney, Richard L. - Simon of Gitta series

Vance, Jack - Dying Earth series, Lyonesse trilogy, et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment